Friday 21 June 2013

Ian’s Bucket List

OK, so this is my list.  31 things I would like to do before I curl my toes up.  Hopefully there is plenty of time left for me to get through this.  Some things on the list are obviously easier than others but all of them look like they could be great fun and worthy of a story or 2.  If anyone can help with any of the tasks or you just want to come along for the ride then let me know. 


  1. Drive a Segway ★
  2. Get to the top of a Climbing wall / Rock face
  3. Visit South Africa
  4. Stand on a Glacier
  5. Attempt a Yard of Ale
  6. Walk on the Great wall of China
  7. Go on a cycling trip of 2 nights or more
  8. Meet one of my heroes ( Dave Grohl, David Gilmour, Paul Mccartney)
  9. Appear on TV
  10. Go to Oktoberfest
  11. See the Taj Mahal
  12. Learn to play Piano or Drums
  13. Find a cycle route into work
  14. Go on a road trip In America, Canada or Australia
  15. Visit Russia or Poland
  16. See a Lion or Tiger in their natural environment
  17. Brew or name my own Beer / Cider ★
  18. Play live again
  19. Write a complete song
  20. Spend New Years Eve in a major city
  21. Write a comedy routine
  22. Walk over Sydney Harbour Bridge
  23. Take part in a Man V's food style challenge
  24. Compete in an endurance event (Triathlon etc)
  25. Ride a mountain bike in a challenging environment
  26. Use a Firearm ★
  27. Visit Pompeii ★
  28. Go to Iceland
  29. Run 5K in less than 30 Minutes ★
  30. Go to Japan
  31. See an active Volcano
Since I published this post the first time a few things have happened.
 I have joined a band and we have been rehearsing for over a year now.  Our demo's and more information about us can be found on the website.  www.pseudo7.co.uk
  
I also have been on a clay pigeon shoot.
 
My wife and I have been to Sorrento and visited Pompeii, see the link below for details of the trip.
http://beewell68.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/vesuvius-and-pompeii.html

As well as all of this I have significantly reduced my 5K time to less than 30 minutes ( just under 27 minutes is my PB) and I have managed to bring my 10K time to below an hour.
 
I can now add  a Segway to my list if things I have fallen off...and cross this off my list.
http://mrbwell.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/ride-on-segway.html

 I will provide more updates as and when they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment